Monday, July 8, 2013

Strawberry Bacon Salad with Greek Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing

This salad is freaking amazing! Oh my goodness. I'm going to have to make it every week. The dressing is to die for and then the way all the ingredients compliment each other...oh my heavens!

Salad:
6-8 cups baby spinach or 1 head of romaine lettuce
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped (I just grabbed the bag of already sliced ones on the salad dressing aisle.)
8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (don't forget you could use turkey bacon to make it a little more healthy!)

Dressing:
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
4 Tbsp. Sugar
A little salt and pepper
1 tsp. poppy seeds


Mix all the salad ingredients together. Make the dressing. Don't add the dressing to the salad until you are ready to serve...Voila! That's it! 

Not my pic. I like to cook and bake and eat the food not so good at taking pictures  of it :D



No comments:

Post a Comment